Monday, May 31, 2010
Keep in mind that the swords do not entirely enclose the woman in the picture. In fact, there is a rather sizable opening. The doors to the jail are open, you only need walk out.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Questions you may want to ask yourself if you draw the Six of Swords in a reading are: Are you ready to move forward and leave your past behind? What, exactly, are you leaving behind? Who is it that you would like to take with you? Who in your life is qualified to guide you? What or who, up to now, has been holding you back? Have you been going through a difficult time recently and this retreat represents a time of refuge from it? What is the hope for your future? Where do you see yourself headed?
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Lee's Expression Number (derived from the letters in his name) corresponds to an 11. 11s are visionary, intense and tend towards being high strung (Lee "high strung"?!). 11s want to enlighten the world. They are ill-equipped and show little interest for the business world. Their predominant trait is humanitarianism (so Lee has an amplified sense of doing for others). 11s are tolerant, patient and considerate.
11 is one of two Master Numbers, the other is 22. Essentially, 11 is a 2 but it's considered a higher vibration of the number 2, so all of a 2s characteristics such as being diplomatic, peaceful and sensitive are that much more increased in the number 11.
By the way, the number 2 is ruled by the Moon which is associated with the Yin, or feminine principles, which is consistent with those traits most connected with the numbers 2 and 11.
However, when we just look at Lee's numbers for his first name that corresponds to a 4 and 4 is the number of tradition and practicality which is on the other end of the spectrum from 2 and 11. 4s are less interested in things ephemeral and more interested in the tangible. 4s are the worker bees.
Lastly, Lee possesses a 'z' in his last name which indicates that he will never want for money. The letter 'z', along with 'h' and 'q', correspond to the number '8' which is the money number. If you have any of those letters in your name consider yourself lucky.
Actually, when you add all this up I think it presents a nice composite picture of Lee. He strikes me as someone who not only possesses the down to earth qualities of a 4 but the sensitivity of a 2 or an 11 as well.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Sunday, May 9, 2010
nurturance in my life? Should I be cultivating my own nurturance to myself and others? Have you examined your relationship with your mother lately? Is their some unfinished work to complete? Does someone need protecting or shepherding? Are you comfortable 'mothering' others or yourself? What's easy and what's difficult? How might you spark your own creative juices? Are you 'too' emotional ? Do you lead from your heart? Do you take the time to think things through?In considering the Empress you may want to ask, " What can I do to reignite my creativity?" Am I lacking
Sunday, May 2, 2010
I really don't know if this couple will stay together. They may get together for a brief period of time once John's divorce is finalized. But for them to co-habit ate or even marry while Elizabeth Edwards continues to fight for her life is almost unimaginable. A fascinating coincidence is that Elizabeth corresponds to a 7 which just happens to correspond to Lisa Jo/Rielle's Destiny Number and John Edwards' Destiny Number which are also 7s. And Elizabeth's Destiny Number corresponds to the sixth card of the Major Arcana in the tarot which is the Lovers. There is no question about it that these people's lives interface and intersect on the same cosmic path. It was just a matter of time before their Life Paths criss-crossed one an other's.
In the long run, I don't think John and Rielle will make it. He will remain in her life because of the daughter they had together, but they will both move on in my opinion. One thing is fairly certain, however, because of the preponderance of twos and sevens in both their lives these numbers will continue to play a pivotal role for them both.
Source material adapted and compiled from Wikipedia, Cafe Astrology and Athena Starwoman
Saturday, May 1, 2010
1. Live simply and delibertaely. Avoid getting caught up in the details of this fast-paced world. Remember that the world is both good and bad. It's neither one or the other, but both.
2. Stay in touch with yourself. Soul searching, meditation and journaling are a few of the activities you can participate in to stay aware and learn as much as you can about your emotional life e.g., likes and dislikes, dreams and fears. Developing a solid sense of who you are provides you with a firm foundation for navigating life's rough patches as well as its smooth ones.
3. Support or teach others as often as you can. Provide service. This reduces isolation and restores your humanity. It's your opportunity not only to enrich yourself, but to make the world a better place for others, too.
4. Consciously choose what or with whom you will permit into your life. Do your best to stave off negativity. Try not to allow it to dominate your world vision. Remember all the goodness and kindness there is in humanity.
5. Be aware of the beauty around you. No matter where you may live, there are natural and manmade wonders for us to marvel. Remember, beauty is healing and restorative.
6. Nurture your connections and ties to your family or friends or community. Modern life can be isolating. When you have a social network, you are never along. It provides support, caring, guidance and companionship.
7. Broaden your perspective on life. Keep in mind that the way you choose to live your life is not the only way to live one's life. Exercise tolerance.
8. Embrace the challenges that life presents to you and challenge yourself often. Remember that they are just an opportunity for growth and expansion.
9. Stay curious. Hold on to your sense of wonderment and life will never be boring.
10. As the Buddha says, "keep moving". Do not fall prey to a sedentary life. Movement reaquaints us with our bodies and connects us to the earth in a visceral way. It also restores our vitality and has a positive effect on our mood and demeanor.
11. Be still. Be silent. Engage in solitude. We are often 'on the go' and unable to relax or sleep or decompress. Seek out a peaceful and safe place where you can take time to reflect and compose yourself.
Don't try and do all of these at once. Rather, practice one per day or week or whatever works for you and keeps you balanced.
Amy bows low at the feet of all her holy teachers